The Job Interview

Like many others living below the breadline, I've had a testing start to the year. Financial worries have been a constant. Life has felt like Groundhog Day with the repeated searching & applying for work and not getting anywhere. 

A few days ago I got the chance to change that. I attended my first job interview of the year. The usual group activity in the morning, one-on-one interviews in the afternoon. 

As always, I did my due diligence by researching the company and their strategic mission. I even ran through industry and role related interview questions with family to help prepare.

Today I got the call, I didn't get the job. 

Damn.

It could have been a ticket out of this dire situation. 

They offered to email feedback but I haven't received it. In the mean time I've continued to search and apply for work and I will continue to do so. That doesn't mean I don't feel deflated as a result of this though. 

You can find me on Twitter @NorthernLefty

Comments

Popular Posts